Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Photo project for February - Incidences not so Insignificant Day #1

One of my friends from high school inspired me to do a  month long daily photo journal of everyday occurrences.  I loved the idea of making myself take a picture of something everyday that may seem insignificant to others, but sum up my life as I currently know it. I would love to see it a year from now and do it again next February.  I loved seeing her pictures each day so I hope you enjoy seeing mine! 

Similar to her title (she told me to steal/copy hers, but I won't completely), I am calling mine:

"Incidences not so insignificant". 

The definition of incident: something dependent on or subordinate to something else of greater or principal importance.
I even read something in my bible study yesterday that related - "sometimes in the most unlikely verses we get a glimpse into something that could be significant" (Melissa Moore, Mercy Triumphs).
So, I guess what I am saying is that sometimes the most unlikely of places or perdicaments, we get a glimpse of something that is significant to our children and their lives - which ultimately is significant in ours.  Documenting these incidences each day will help me to explore the significance of each thing my children do each day.  The scene in each picture is dependent on something of great importance - my children!  Without them, the things I am taking picures of, would not have any significance.  Got it?  So here we go. (none of these will be posed pictures, but things that I find throughout a day that was created by the imaginations of my children and left behind by them.)
For the first day I am going to post 2 pictures (since February is a short month) of incidences that I came across today in the life of each of my children.  I will post a picture each day and a little blurb about it, if needed.

Incident #1
He's a bad eater no matter how you look at it.

Incident #2 Living in a house with a little girl, you are bound to stumble across a scene like this:
make-up, shoes, and dolls with no heads.

No comments: